Sustainability shapes the way of working and approaches in all the ZEISS segments. For example, ZEISS Vision Care strives to create responsible products and innovations, reduce its ecological footprint and ensure environmentally friendly production processes in the manufacture of eyeglass lenses.
Watch blogger and health-conscious adventurer Friederike Franze, or Freedi for short, as she embarks on a journey through Tenerife’s impressive landscape – and finds out where the sun is at its strongest. She meets Hanna Strecker, a physicist at the Kiepenheuer Institute for Solar Physics, and an employee working on Europe’s largest solar telescope GREGOR at the Teide Observatory, as well as Dr. Katharina Rifai, neuroscientist and physicist at the ZEISS Vision Science Lab at the University of Tübingen. As she explores, Freedi finds out what UV radiation is, where it occurs and how she can protect herself and especially her eyes from it, even with clear glasses. Prof. Dr. Albert Augustin also explains how UV radiation can affect our eye health. (IAC)
You can use the video for online or offline communication. However, if you are interested in the movie or in high quality TV footage we can share it with you. Please get in touch with maria .conrad @zeiss .com
- Press Release “ZEISS Eyeglass Lenses Available with Full UV Protection Beginning in 2018”
- Fact Sheet “UV and ZEISS UVProtect”
- Infographic “What protects against UV radiation”
- Press Release “When it comes to UV protection consumer usually don‘t think of clear lenses”
- Infographic “Relevance of UV Protection in Clear Lenses”
- Article "The Underestimated Risk of UV: Scattered Radiation"
- Interview "A dermatologist tells us why UV protection keeps us looking good for longer"
- Press Release "ZEISS UVProtect Technology wins AOP Product of the Year Award"
- Press Release "A Comparison of UV Protection in Clear Eyeglass Lenses"