ZEISS strives to develop innovative and new technologies, high-quality materials, coatings and treatments for eyeglass lenses. Choosing the suitable material for an eyeglass lens is no longer just a question of glass or plastic. Today, ZEISS can add specific properties to the lens material itself. An example is the UV protection included as standard in all lenses or the option of additional blue light protection for everyday digital life. Tailor-made combinations of material and coating according to individual requirements therefore result in good and healthy vision.
- Press Release “ZEISS Eyeglass Lenses Available with Full UV Protection Beginning in 2018”
- Fact Sheet “UV and ZEISS UVProtect”
- Infographic “What protects against UV radiation”
- Press Release “When it comes to UV protection consumer usually don‘t think of clear lenses”
- Infographic “Relevance of UV Protection in Clear Lenses”
- Article "The Underestimated Risk of UV: Scattered Radiation"
- Interview "A dermatologist tells us why UV protection keeps us looking good for longer"
- Press Release "ZEISS UVProtect Technology wins AOP Product of the Year Award"
- Press Release "A Comparison of UV Protection in Clear Eyeglass Lenses"